It is all too easy to forget to say Thank You for something until it is taken from you. So as 2012 becomes 2013 …
2012, I thank you:
- for all of the 366 days, the 8784 hours, the 527040 minutes, 31622400 seconds. wow. was it really as many as that, what did I do with them all?
- for an infinity of ‘moments’. since time isn’t so linear after all.
- for all the moments I ‘lived’, rather than ‘existed’. and sorry for the ones I didn’t.
- for the Here and Now, it’s the only moment we have.
- for all the times the sun rose in the sky.
- for the dark, cold winter nights, moonlit mountains, blizzards, icy winds, the white, white world of snow; for the colours and smells of springtime, freshly cut meadows, flowers, warm sunshine; for the heat of summer, the pouring rains, the light evenings; for the turning colours of autumn.
- for the stars in the sky.
- for friends and for friendship. for family.
- for the smile of a stranger.
- for the laughter of children.
- for the magic in a look.
- for the tenderness in a touch.
- for the miles and miles run.
- for the time to stand still.
- for all the places explored and the places yet to discover.
- for all the mountains that have given challenge and solace.
- for all the good things, the not so good things, and the downright ugly.
- for the ups, the downs, and for the everyday.
- for the chances, the opportunities, for every twist and every turn.
- for all that was planned, and for the unexpected that hit me right out of the blue.
- for all that I’ve been given, and for all that I’ve been able to give.
- for the words spoken, the words written, the words heard, the words listened.
- for the actions taken, the ideas sown, the thoughts thought, the dreams hoped.
- for the lessons learnt and the lessons still to learn (must do better).
- for body, heart, mind and soul.
- for the experiences shared.
- for all of the doubts and uncertainties.
- for the beauty and the pain.
- for the fears and the tears.
- for the laughs and the smiles.
- for all that has happened, and all that is yet to come.
- for love ….. given and received, yet to give and yet to be given.
An undeniably incomplete list, written in no particular order at all.
But in other words, 2012 I thank you for Life.
“Don’t be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live.” Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting
“How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live ‘em. How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give ‘em.” Shel Silverstein